logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] amenity=embassy not handled by mkgmap ?

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sun Oct 25 10:19:25 GMT 2009

On Oct 25, 2009, at 10:42, Hendrik Oesterlin wrote:

> Now I noticed that an POI amenity=embassy added in OSM is not
> available in the produced gmapsupp.img (both with mkgmap v1303 et
> 1311)

I assume this is the case because there is no specific Garmin POI type
for embassies. (Please correct me if I am wrong; I have not yet
confirmed this.)

You can, however, add your own mapping for amenity=embassy to a Garmin
POI type of your choice. Look at the information regarding style
files. In particular, you will probably want to copy the default
mkgmap style files to your own directory, and add an entry to the
"points" file.

There is some documentation on doing this in mkgmap, and in the OSM
Wiki. Let us know if you need more help.

Cheers, and have fun! :-)