logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] amenity=embassy not handled by mkgmap ?

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Sun Oct 25 09:42:03 GMT 2009

Hello,

First, I would introduce myself: I am living in New Caledonia and I
bought an Garmin nüvi 755 GPS because I have the possibility to import
the data from openstreetmap.org. I have to travel to New Zealand next
month, and during my last stay there I was sad of using my non-graphic
GPS to report my position to an paper map.... especially during
driving ;-)

In the meantime, I got the virus and I added plenty of data to New
Caledonia and I compiled an gmapsupp.img for NC.

Now I noticed that an POI amenity=embassy added in OSM is not
available in the produced gmapsupp.img (both with mkgmap v1303 et
1311)

Is this an error in mkgmap?

How can I make embassies correctly display in Garmin maps?

Some of them are just tagged as amenity=public_building and display
correctly on the Garmin map. But this seems to be an dirty work
around, as the dedicated amenity=embassy exists.

--
Kind regards
Hendrik Oesterlin  New Caledonia