logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway-symbol and name

From Ralf Reimann ralrei at gmx.de on Sun Oct 25 08:31:18 GMT 2009

 Toby Speight wrote:

The above means:
> * If the highway has both 'ref' and 'name' tags, give it a name made of
>  the 'ref' value in an oval box, followed by the 'name' value; else

I understood it in this way, but it doesn't do this. I looked for a lot of
primaries and secondaries and all of them are named only by there ref.

> Are you using the default style?  If you're using your own style, then

Yes I'm usind the default style. I changed nothing.

> If you want that (ref but no name), then it's easy to change your lines
> style thus:
> /--------
> | highway=motorway {name '${ref|highway-symbol:hbox} ${name}' }
> | highway=trunk {name '${ref|highway-symbol:hbox} ${name}' }
> | highway=primary {name '${ref|highway-symbol:box} ${name}' }
> \--------

Sorry, I'm confused. Above you told me this is how to combine ref and name.

Can you test it please in Mapsource at the following location?
 http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.5916&lon=6.5342&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF

Holding the mouse pointer over the streets shows me the name of the street
like this:
B 57, B 58, K 22, Bönninger Strasse

Create a short routing for testing the routing instructions:
>From B57 to B58 it tells me: Turn right to B58 (no street name)
>From B57 to K22 it tells me: Turn left to K22 (no street name)
>From B57 to Bönninger Straße tells me: Turn left to Bönninger Straße ( but
there is no ref stored in the osm data)