logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1265: Added --drive-on-left, --drive-on-right and --check-roundabouts options.

From Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net on Wed Oct 21 15:14:18 BST 2009

0> In article <20091020141739.184f9fca at crow>,
0> Mark Burton <URL:mailto:markb at ordern.com> ("Mark") wrote:

Mark> For the GB data, enabling that test gives over 2000 warnings, the
Mark> vast majority of which are real problems that either break the
Mark> routing completely or at least give odd routes.  I am (slowly)
Mark> editing the OSM data to fix the problems.  It's incredible what
Mark> crap people are happy to put into the OSM database.  I get the
Mark> impression that most contributors don't give a toss about the map
Mark> being routable or not.

Whilst that's certainly at least partially true, it's also the case that
editing tools can change more than users expect.  I've caused at least
broken roundabouts myself when joining ways and not noticing that that
has reversed their directions.