logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Unable to send maps with MapSource

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Oct 21 12:24:28 BST 2009

On 21/10/09 11:58, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Steve Ratcliffe<steve at parabola.me.uk>  wrote:
>> If an individual map has more than 16 regions then the transfer fails
>> for that file.  It doesn't appear to make any difference if there are
>> other maps selected or not.  I modified mkgmap to limit to 16 regions
>> per file, and have a complete map of Germany that appears to work.
>
> Did you commit this or do you have a patch with this modification? If
> so, I will attempt to confirm.

No I can't commit as it just re-assigns cities to random regions.

I had backed it out, but I've just re-created the patch I hope, which is
attached.

Oh, I suppose I should confess that I've only checked that it
transfers from MapSource without crashing.  I've not actually looked
at the map on a GPS unit ;)

..Steve