logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap splitter --resolution broken?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Oct 19 08:45:07 BST 2009

I have problems to understand the implications on memory use of
--resolution parameter.
It would be logical to think, wouldn't it, that resolution=16 needs less
memory than resolution=13 as there are less resolutions to write (24-16
instead of 24-13).
However if I run asia.osm.bz2 from geofabrik (and also others) but on
asia.osm.bz2 it is noticeable easiest with resolution=13 it needs about
600MB of RAM. With resolution==16 if fails on 4GB, with resolution==17
if fails on 6GB.

Is this a bug or intended? Sorry but I don't have time to errortest or
provide further information as I'm on the go to London for one week.
Just wanted to inform about this behaviour.

Felix