logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with mdr creation (if contourline maps are included)

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Oct 16 10:17:36 BST 2009

Hi

On 15/10/09 22:17, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Yip great, working now. Just tested it out.

OK good.

> I just noticed that searching for streets starting with A or B works
> when I compile the index from *.img.
>
> Are there any drawbacks to create the address index seperately from the
> maps?

Well there shouldn't be any difference as it does osm to img first and
then creates the index from the img files.

However I've been merging the mdr branch back to trunk and I am seeing
that there is a difference in how labels sort and so if you compile to
img with mkgmap-trunk there may be differences compared to compiling
with mkgmap-mdr.

I am able to search for names beginning with A or B, so the problem is
not quite that simple, it probably depends on how labels with shields
should be sorted in the index.

> If there are no advantages of creating the index together with the maps
> directly form .osm then maybe the mdr branch could be completely forked
> out to be seperate from mkgmap?

There is no advantage apart from ease of use, however the same could be
said of gmapsupp, tdbfile file, overview map etc all of which will work
happily on the .img files.  The new code for mdr will also be useful to
create a proper overview map too.

..Steve