logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with mdr creation (if contourline maps are included)

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Oct 15 22:17:54 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi Felix
>

>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -68
>>

> Thanks for the examples, it was a problem that has been reported a few
> times but your example quickly showed that the problem was a sign
> extension bug, now fixed.

Yip great, working now. Just tested it out.

I just noticed that searching for streets starting with A or B works
when I compile the index from *.img.

Are there any drawbacks to create the address index seperately from the
maps?
(I prefer to compile maps with trunk because of the new patches
introduced with 1277-1279 which are really important to me and don't
compile against mdr branch).

If there are no advantages of creating the index together with the maps
directly form .osm then maybe the mdr branch could be completely forked
out to be seperate from mkgmap?