logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1280: Now subdivides if space required by extended type elements is too big.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Oct 15 21:29:00 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1280 was commited by markb on 2009-10-15 10:18:10 +0100 (Thu, 15 Oct 2009)
>
> Now subdivides if space required by extended type elements is too big.
>
> Real size limits for extended type elements are unknown at this time.
> Starting with 0xff00 for each of points/lines/shapes which has been
> tested as OK.
>
> Includes general revamp of size estimating code in MapArea.

I just noticed that I miss in some tiles up to 25% of all relations (I
display them all as extended types).
I will play around a bit with this tomorrow - as the value seems to be
still way too high.

Also some other extended non relation lines (created by using "continue"
patch) are dropped. I will have to try whether the problem is related to
something breaking the "continue" patch partly, or whether the tiles are
too big. For tonight my PC is blocked with rendering updates, so will
try out tomorrow! The POI patches are however NOT the reason - also with
the mdr branch I have this problem (where the last 3 commits do not
apply to) - though less often.

It happens very very often in combinations with POIs linked to ways and
using the reduction in road-class/road-speed.