logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Access Tags - is mkgmap also evaluating values other than no (e.g. delivery, destination, forestry, agricultural, permissive...)

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Oct 14 10:29:51 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>

>> While writing action rules to try out the link pois to roads I just
>> wondered whether mkgmap only looks at access/bicycle/motorcar.... =no or
>> also other values like = delivery / destination / forestry /
>> agricultural / private ?
>>

> It only looks at vehicle classes as in the list you show below.
>

>> Also what happens if there is a road with access=no ; bicycle=permissive
>> - is bicycle then set to yes? Am I correct in assuming that if access=no
>> everything is first set to no, but later specific transport modes will
>> in case be enabled if =yes (and if so which other tags) are present?
>>

> Yes, that's how it works. Values of "yes", "designated" and
> "permissive" will enable access to the given vehicle type. So in your
> example above, it should work as you hope.
>

>> I found this bit of code, which seems to indicate only =no is currently
>> evaluated, correct?
>>

> Not correct.

O.k. so where do I find the other values?
Actually can I delete some access mapping lines if I don't want them -
this would be easier than working with action rules.

So if I crunch the below list down to

#     new AccessMapping("access",     RoadNetwork.NO_MAX), // must be
first in list
#        new AccessMapping("bicycle",    RoadNetwork.NO_BIKE),
#        new AccessMapping("foot",       RoadNetwork.NO_FOOT),

Do I then achieve my goal of not needing to give action rules like
motorcar!=yes | motorcycle!=yes {set access=yes; set motorcar=yes; set
motorcycle=yes; set ...}
Or will this break mkgmap?