logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Custom waypoint icons and mgkmap style files

From charlie at cferrero.net charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Oct 13 15:24:55 BST 2009

Hello list,

Some Garmin GPS let you create up to 16 custom waypoint icons and
upload them into the GPS unit.  See here, for instance:
http://freegeographytools.com/2008/creating-custom-waypoint-icons-for-garmin-gps-units-i

Does anyone know the Garmin type codes that correspond to these icons,
so that I can edit my mkgmap style file rules to use them?  Is this
even possible?  It seems a slightly easier route to get some custom
icons onto my maps other than learning how to edit TYP files.

--
Charlie