logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issue

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Tue Oct 13 08:39:52 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 09:22:33AM +0200, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> I would like to know what's the effect of duplicate nodes on rutting.
> Some areas of Spain are full of them (I have already fixed more than
> 60.000 in the Northwest).

I think that it was mentioned a few weeks ago when discussing the
creation of bidirectional cycleways on oneway streets:
Only ways that share nodes are connected.  That is, routing will not
work over duplicate nodes (unless both ways happen to be connected
to one of the duplicate nodes, of course).

It is not that hard to fix duplicate nodes.  In JOSM, find them with
the Validator plugin.  Double-click a duplicate node warning in the
validator error list and hit 3 to center the map at the nodes, so that
you can check what to do.  Then hit M to merge the nodes, unless it
is something else (tunnel or bridge needed, for instance).

	Marko