logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Index on small maps

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Oct 10 15:20:35 BST 2009

Hi

I've found that if I change the integer value after the section 5
pointers in the main mdr header from 0x1d to 0x1c then small maps
appear to work fine.  Unfortunately large maps crash on startup with
that value.  Of course I don't know how to select between the two values
yet, so I can't check anything in.  I will experiment to see if I can
tell what the difference is, but if anyone has any ideas please let us know.

It is also true that all of the values after the section pointers apart
from section 15 are unknown, so they are all worth investigating.

..Steve