logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing issue

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Oct 8 11:27:04 BST 2009

Hello Nakor,

> I have spotted a routing issue with a mkgmap generated map. I was able to
> reproduce it in several versions: 1188, 1228 and 1265.

Are you generating the map directly from the OSM files or are you
converting to Polish format and then generating the map from the Polish
files?

If the later, you need to limit the number of nodes contained in a
single way by splitting the way every now and again. For OSM input
files, we split the way every 16 nodes as that was found to be
necessary for some maps.

If you are generating the map from the OSM files, there must be some
other problem we need to identify.

Cheers,

Mark