logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1262: Rework the city code.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Wed Oct 7 19:55:44 BST 2009

> Things i observed by trying search and find with "Search citys" in Mapsource:
> 1: there seems to be a problem with german umlauts.
>     "City" page:
>     You can't enter Citys which contains characters like Ö, ä,ü in the City-field.
>     But if i only enter some leading characters like e.g "Zer" i get as result also "Zerm?Llen".
>     If i press then "search" sometimes(not always) Zermüllen(which is the correct form of writing) will
>     be found with "Zermüllen,Zermü?Len" in the "Places" window
> 2: for citys without umlauts i get always multiple outputs in the result (Places) window
>     even if only one city with the searched name exist
> 3: "feature" page i can't enter a single character in the city field
> 4: "adress" page i can't enter a single character in the city field

The code to deal with non-ascii characters was completely not
implemented, but it should now work (apart from the fact that
the suggestions are not sorted in the standard way).

I believe that there is a problem with very small map sets
that causes problems downloading to a device, so make sure that
you are making an index from a large enough map or several maps.

..Steve