logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1265: Added --drive-on-left, --drive-on-right and --check-roundabouts options.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Oct 7 10:24:50 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 09:30:02PM +0100, svn commit wrote:

> Version 1265 was commited by markb on 2009-10-06 21:30:02 +0100 (Tue, 06 Oct 2009)
>
> Added --drive-on-left, --drive-on-right and --check-roundabouts options.
>
> --drive-on-left
> --drive-on-right
> 	Explicitly specify which side of the road vehicles are
> 	expected to drive on. If neither of these options are
> 	specified, it is assumed that vehicles drive on the right
> 	unless --check-roundabouts is specified and the first
> 	roundabout processed is clockwise.
>
> --check-roundabouts
> 	Check that roundabouts have the expected direction (clockwise
> 	when vehicles drive on the left). Roundabouts that are complete
> 	loops and have the wrong direction are reversed.

I tried --drive-on-right --check-roundabouts, and the generated map is of
the same size as with r1260.  There are much more diffs than the time
stamps, though.  This is with 3 tiles and 2 cores.

I did not get any warnings or messages on stdout or stderr, or any assertion
failures.  Does this mean that Finland is OK?  Or should I enable some magic
logging property to see the errors?

One more question: What about roundabouts that have been split because of
bus route relations (bus routes would usually not circle the whole
roundabout)?  Does mkgmap merge them already? Could it? Would some
style tagging be needed, in case someone wants to do special line styles
or naming based on bus routes?

Best regards,

	Marko