logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Handling of Garmin magic label codes (highwayshields etc.) differs from mp-format input to osm-format ?

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Mon Oct 5 15:48:43 BST 2009

Hi,
 i have already asked( "Problem with special Garmin label codes").
I try to use the Garmin magic label codes in the form
~[0x06]B51~[0x1f]Hauptstrasse
If  i pass this inside a mp-format file mkgmap could handle it.
If i triy it with input in osm-format i can't get it to work.
I have made an entry in stylefile like
highway=* {name '${ref|highway-symbol:oval} ${name|highway-symbol:ele}'
| '${ref|highway-symbol:oval}' | '${name}' }
where i expect as result:
~[0x06]B51~[0x1f]Hauptstrasse
if ref=B51 and name=Hauptstrasse

But  always the second magic codes is ignored by mkgamp.
Is the format of my stylefile entry correct or false.?
Or simply will mp-format and osm-format be treaten different by mkgamp
in this case?
Or what else i have to do to get it working also with osm-input.

TIA
Gert