logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Resolution and style files

From frmas frmas at free.fr on Mon Oct 5 14:27:35 BST 2009

Hello,

I would like to understand how resolution in the style files works, as I
build a gmapsupp.img file with four layers. Two of them are countour
lines layers. One is for contour lines every 50m and 200m (elevation
medium and major), and the second one is for minor elevation (every
10m). It works fine, except the resolution.
Each layer uses its own style files and TYP file too.

For 50m and 200m elevation, this is the style line file :
contour=elevation & contour_ext=elevation_medium
	{ name '${ele|conv:m=>ft}'; }
	[0x21 resolution 22]
contour=elevation & contour_ext=elevation_major
	{ name '${ele|conv:m=>ft}'; }
	[0x22 resolution 20]

and for the 10me elevation, the style line file is that way :
contour=elevation & contour_ext=elevation_minor
	{ name '${ele|conv:m=>ft}'; }
	[0x20 resolution 22]

The option files for both styles are the same :
name_tag = name:fr, name
levels = 0:24, 1:22, 2:20, 3:18, 4:16

Now the problem: the contour lines for the three elevations are always
shown on my Garmin GPS. I can zoom out, the map is fullfilled with those
elevation contour lines.

Is there something wrong with the way I define the resolution for each
contour lines? Thank you. Francois