logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Coastline stops when also Admin Boundry

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Thu Oct 1 11:40:02 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Peter & Suzie <pslowater at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have noticed that the coastline stops when the coastline also meets
> and admin boundry, this is a problem area

As a work around, you can change your style files to always draw
coastline if there is a conflict. For example, you could place a line
such as the following at the top of your lines file:

natural=coastline & boundary=* [0x15 resolution 12]

(Which is what I do.) This will have the effect that all coastline
will be added, but boundaries which share the coastline will be
dropped.

I assume that the new changes in the Style branch will offer a more
elegant solution, allowing both to be added.

Cheers.