logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing or fixing zero-length arc warnings

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Sep 30 22:31:56 BST 2009

Hi Marko,

> Can you give a hint how to achieve this?  The warning would be issued
> by RoadNetwork.java, which seems to work in the imgfmt domain (RouteNode
> and RoadDef).  How can I get the corresponding OSM node or way, so that
> I can see if a mkgmap:ignore-zero-length-arc property has been set?
> Should I just add a Boolean flag to RoadDef and RouteNode and initialize
> it when the objects are instantiated from OSM data?

Yes, if you are happy for all the arcs that make up a single road to
have that property, the easiest thing to do is add a new bool to
RoadDef which suppresses the warnings.

> Also, will the zero-length-arcs be merged in the .img file, or is there
> a risk that routing will be broken?

I am still unsure as to when zero length arcs actually cause a routing
problem - we know they do but it doesn't appear to be in all situations.

To be honest, I don't really understand why you are getting zero length
arcs - are you not using --remove-short-arcs?

Cheers,

Mark