logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing or fixing zero-length arc warnings

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 30 13:05:04 BST 2009

Mark,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 11:29:07AM +0100, Mark Burton wrote:

> Marko,
>
> > > You can always filter them out with grep if you don't want to see them.
> >
> > Sure, I could.  However, many of the warnings have been genuine
> > (such as sidewalks or cycleways being placed too close to the main road
> > or main crossing).  I would also like to see any new warnings as they
> > appear, so that I can fix them.  What I am looking for is a way of
> > selectively suppressing the "known bogus" warnings, similar to
> > warning-suppression #pragma in some C compilers.
>
> Well, I don't have a problem with using a mkgmap: tag to suppress the
> warning.

Can you give a hint how to achieve this?  The warning would be issued
by RoadNetwork.java, which seems to work in the imgfmt domain (RouteNode
and RoadDef).  How can I get the corresponding OSM node or way, so that
I can see if a mkgmap:ignore-zero-length-arc property has been set?
Should I just add a Boolean flag to RoadDef and RouteNode and initialize
it when the objects are instantiated from OSM data?

Also, will the zero-length-arcs be merged in the .img file, or is there
a risk that routing will be broken?

Regards,

	Marko