logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1246: Impelent mdr 4 and 9 as best as we know.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Sep 30 11:23:28 BST 2009

svn commit wrote:
> Version 1246 was commited by steve on 2009-09-30 10:54:40 +0100 (Wed, 30 Sep 2009)
> BRANCH: mdr
>
> Impelent mdr 4 and 9 as best as we know.
>
> The unknown byte in mdr4 is set to a constant, we still don't know what
> it is there for.  Plenty of things appear to work still.
>
> mdr10 is grouped based on the primary type and this grouping is indexed by mdr9.
>
> The categories menu is now useful and will restrict the things returned.  Note that it is not
> perfect yet, no matter what category you select you always get a couple of pubs and a bus
> stop included in the results.  This is probably down to type/subtype confusion which
> I will try to fix next.

I think this is style dependant? I get 50% rubbish right now - (as
compared to what I find via "nearest places) in all categories.
If you get it to show the same as nearest places it would be great,
otherwise (but this would be a good idea in any case) it would be great
if one could exclude POI via points file in the style-file e.b. by
having a line like this:
highway=traffic_lights [0x* resolution 24 -noindex]

There are many POI that are nice to have in a map, but not needed to be
searched for (e.g. traffic_lights, park benches, railway crossings,
trees, diverse obstacles like bump_gate, kissing_gate,..., water_tower,
energy plant, cliff, wayside shrine, .......
excluding them would a) speed up the index creation, b) get rid of items
that you don't need to search for.

Really great that it is more or less working however!
(well city, state/province, country still not usable - city would be
great to have off course)