logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1241: Fix various bugs relating to reading the rgn file.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Sep 28 15:17:22 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>

>> Additionaly It would be great, if the "road-name-pois" option could be
>> dropped
>>

> Just don't use it. Seriously, it was only intended to be a quick and
> dirty way of being able to search for streets. When the global search
> stuff matures it will almost certainly be redundant. But unless there's
> a really good reason to remove the RNP code, it's probably worth
> keeping even if it's not used (much).

Ups, sorry I was not clear. I meant that we should include into the
global address index also streets without "osm addresses". So that any
street present in the map, can be searched for by the "address search"
and not only proper addresses with housenumbers (because we don't have
many of them yet). This would have the added advantage of being able to
search for hiking ways of which you know the name (but which certainly
have no houses, so no address).
So I would like to have the functionality of "road-name-pois" inside the
address search (with housenumber=0, because the Vista HCx will only let
you enter a streetname in the search, after having typed in a
housenumber; I do believe that other GPS are similar in that regard).

Whether the "road-name-pois" is then dropped or not, does not matter to me.