logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap appears to hang on some split files

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Mon Sep 28 12:18:00 BST 2009

Thanks for having a look at it Steve. Stackdumps are attached. OS =
Ubuntu linux 9.04 64bit. LANG variable = en_US.UTF-8. Java version =
1.6.0_0, OpenJDK RE 6b14-1.4.1- at ubuntu11, OpenJDK 64bit server VM
14.0-b88 mixed-mode.

I've tried r1067 from the commandline which fails to render the tiles
(out of memory) but exits 'normally' with a result code (which is what I
want). Then I tried version 1022 and 1028 from the commandline and both
finished quickly as well. So I'm starting to think it might have
something to do with the way PHP passthru() executes these commands
(I've written a PHP script that recursively splits and renders tiles
until all areas are rendered). But a quick Google search did not bring
up anything.