logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suppressing or fixing zero-length arc warnings

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Sep 28 09:15:52 BST 2009

It is not good style to reply to your own post, but I got a further idea.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 09:35:59PM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> (3) crossings on narrow city streets where the footway has been split into
> tiny segments due to a tram line crossing:

> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=60.16600&lon=24.94182&zoom=17
>
> See the Bulevardi/Yrjönkatu crossing.  What to do about this?

Come to think of it, I think that the best solution for this would be
a node attribute.  If mkgmap saw the magic attribute on the nodes on
either end of the too short arc, it would suppress the warning and merge
the arc to the adjacent arc.  To make the selection less ambiguous, both
end nodes of the short arc could be tagged.

Here is an example of micro-mapping that would benefit from such an approach:

Sofianlehdonkatu, Helsinki
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=60.20443&mlon=24.94989&zoom=18

Best regards,

	Marko