logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter: tiles names from geonames

From Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es on Sat Sep 26 10:19:58 BST 2009

I'm giving --geonames-file to splitter and during split process I can
see tiles are named as supposed, but after compiling the map with mkgmap
I can't see the names in MapSource, so I must be doing something wrong.
Which are the correct steps to get the names in the img?
I've seen tiles are named using all the geographic area covered by the
bounding box of the osm file, not only the data contained in the osm, so
when I use Geofabrik country excerpts some tiles get the name of cities
not in the map. For example, splitting France I get 16 tiles, 6 of which
are named with non French cities. Could this be improved some way?
Regards
Carlos