logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with special codes in label after conversion mp-format data in osm-format

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Fri Sep 25 10:01:45 BST 2009

Hi, guys
until yet i used files in mp-format working with track/mapdata.
There i used also labels in format like this :

~[0x06]10~[0x1f]Trailstart close to shelter

"10" in this case  represents hikingway marking. Stuff behind ~[0x1f]
could be street name or some other information.
During routing i got the turn preview like "Left on 10 Trailstart close
to shelter".
So far so good.
(i guess on original garmin maps only the part behind ~[0x1f] will be
used for turn preview.
but thats another story)
The mp-file reader of mkgmap reads labels like the above and handles it.
Fine.
Actually i give it a try to convert my mp-data in osm-format via a
skript i found and
modified (mp2osm_linz_jr.py derivd from mp2osm_ukraine.py). I'm doing that
because i want try using mkgmap's styling features.
But now, with the converted data, i got the Label as plain text label
without the shield.
So what is the right/best way to deal with?
1. Handling it in the style file => i don't know how
2. stripping off the ~[0x06] and ~[0x1f] during conversion from mp to
osm-format
and storing the parts "10" "Trailstart close to shelter" in different
keys and using
something like this " name '${key1|highway-symbol:box} ${key2}'  "

thanks in advance for your advices
cheers
Gert