logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MDR success and a couple of questions

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 23 10:30:34 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:19:19AM +0100, Mark Burton wrote:

> > I'll issue a wild guess here that MDR9 is a sort-of "chapter list" for
> > MDR10/11, splitting the POI list into a number of categories.
>
> You may care to glance at the mkgmap POI index code, it could possibly
> provide some help. We have been able to generate the POI index for some
> time but it hasn't proven to be useful - i'm hoping that with the MDR
> in place, the POI index will become relevant.

Excuse me, what is this POI index used for?  I guess that it must be
something else than the submenus of Where To?/Find Places, because that
has worked on my Edge 705 as long as I remember.  Do some units implement
POI and address search differently?  Even street name search works on
my Edge 705 with pretty much default mkgmap options (--gmapsupp --route).

	Marko