logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --add-pois-to-areas and adress problems

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Tue Sep 22 23:15:20 BST 2009

Christoph Wagner schrieb:
> Hello list,
>
> I just want to produce a garmin map, where you can see all adresses
> tagged in osm, even the adresses on a building polygon for example too.
>
> So I used the --add-pois-to-areas option and wrote just one line in the
> points style file:
> addr:housenumber=* {name '${name} (${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber})'
> | '${addr:street} ${addr:housenumber}'} [0x7100 resolution 24]
>
> I hoped that there would be nodes at the place of building-polygons
> tagged with adresses but it isn't so.
> I can see just the nodes that were tagged as nodes.
>
> What is the problem? Does the --add-pois-to-areas option ignore adress
> information? Is it possible to change that in a way?
>
> Thanks and sorry for my bad english...
> Christoph

I found out, that if there is no rule for the adress tag  in polygon
stylefile the polygon wouldn't be evalueted for conversion to a single
point.
As the option --add-pois-to-areas implies the poiType should be set also
according to point-rules  even for polygons, because they might be
converted to points but will not be examined, since they dont have a
polygon rule.

That is why you will see a P rendered in a parking area only if you also
  have a rule that include parking areas in the polygons stylefile.

For housenumbers I'd like to have ONLY the collapsed points in the
garmnin map and not the house polygons themselfs.

Thanks
Christoph