logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] MDR success and a couple of questions

From Steve Hosgood steve at tallyho.bc.nu on Tue Sep 22 16:31:55 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've managed to construct a working MDR file with all of 2 POIs in it.

Congratulations! Nice work.

> Secondly any ideas on MDR 9?  The first record always appears to be 01
> 01 00 00, and that is enough to make searching work in
> my simple example, but beyond that I have no idea.

On my NT map, MDR9 only contains a single 4-byte element, containing
just 01 01 00 00 just as you describe. So evidently that's an accepted
Garmin way of rendering a minimum MDR9. The wiki claims (in a recent
edit) that the number of elements in MDR9 is the same as the number in
MDR10 but that's clearly not the case here.

In breaking news(!) I find that MDR10 (in an NT map) can be a list of
cities (settlements actually) rather than a list of POIs in the general
sense of the word.

Steve.