logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap, sendmap and family-name oddities

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Sep 22 09:28:59 BST 2009

Hello list,

Can anyone explain the following discrepancy?

1. I invoke mkgmap with
java -Xmx1500m -ea -jar ../mkgmap/mkgmap.jar -c UK_test_options.args
(see attached file for options)

2a: I use sendmap to upload the file to my GPS
2b: I copy the file manually to the memory card

Result of 2a: In the GPS, map tiles are listed as [description],
[family-name], [date of creation]

Result of 2b: In the GPS, map tiles are listed as [description], Area
6324999X, [date of creation]

Obviously I'd like the maptiles to be listed as in 2a, but don't want to
have to use sendmap because it's much much slower than using a card-reader.

Any ideas on what's going on?

--
Charlie