logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search problem due to required "State" value

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Sep 21 19:26:39 BST 2009

On 21/09/09 19:12, Felix Hartmann wrote:
> Why do you try to go for NT format?
> Address search worked very well with non NT maps too. cpgsmapper also
> makes classic non NT maps.

In case it wasn't clear I am going for the classic format, like
everything else in mkgmap, and not for the NT format.

I've no idea what the mdr looks like in NT and of course if it
is vastly different then it will not help the current effort.

> It is probably easier to start looking at non NT maps with address
> search. At least non NT maps are not needed to be transformed when sent
> to GPS.

The maps aren't, but the MDR is.  Many parts of it are left out.

..Steve