logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitting at country borders?

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Sun Sep 20 23:11:49 BST 2009

2009/9/20 Apollinaris Schoell <aschoell at gmail.com>:

> but why split along the border?  if you for example load bavaria-nord,
> bavaria-south+austria-northwest, austria-southwest-italy-nord
> is there any disadvantage? all borders are open in most of europe.why
> reintroduce them everywhere.

For every .img file we generate, we have to specify country, don't we?
Once destination search begins to work, it's likely to become very
difficult to Navigate to, say, Kufstein in Austria if it happens to
appear on a map tile mostly containing Bavaria and therefore set to
Germany as a country.

Dermot