logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1198: Merge in the sea polygon patch from the multipolygon branch.

From Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com on Thu Sep 17 17:16:26 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:27 AM, svn commit <svn at mkgmap.org.uk> wrote:

> Version 1198 was commited by steve on 2009-09-17 10:27:24 +0100 (Thu, 17 Sep 2009)
>
> Merge in the sea polygon patch from the multipolygon branch.
>
> You need to give the --generate-sea option at the moment to switch it on.

(B.t.w. that option isn't documented in --help=options)

It works fine for the map I generate at http://osm.nix.is Although the
coastlines I have to deal with are comparatively simple. I'm
generating the map for a bunch of islands surrounded by sea on all
sides.

The size of the map went from 2.5 MB to 3.0 MB. I don't get any
warnings from mkgmap (other than zero-arch routing warnings from
--route).

The only issue I see is that sometimes lines appear in the sea where
it looks like two sea titles have been not quite stitched together
(see attachment). This appears both in qlandkarte and on the garmin
device but goes away when I zoom in, and then sometimes reappears
again.

There's nothing in the data for that explains the problem (like ferry
lines): http://osm.org/go/e1lYQC-

Thanks to everyone who worked on this feature. It makes the maps a
*lot* more useful in places where the ocean is a major feature (which
is where most of species happens to live).