logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Updated splitter (r87) - tile trimming

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Sep 15 21:22:55 BST 2009

One thing that might work is if the trimming code I recently added was enhanced
to look for 'large' gaps in the middle of a tile. If such a gap was found,
it could split the tile in two and throw away the centre sea area. I'm not
sure how well it would work in practice, the ferry routes you mention could
be enough to prevent anything from being thrown away.