logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Updated splitter (r87) - tile trimming

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Sep 15 21:19:01 BST 2009

It's quite a difficult problem to solve in general, though it is probably
possible to 'cheat' by eg refusing to cross certain boundaries. Tackling
this is something I'd like to get on to eventually but I don't have any specific
plans on how best to deal with this just yet. There are still quite a few
other things I want to implement/fix first, and some of those will probably
make splitting by regions easier anyway (eg giving consideration to way and
relation distributions rather than just node counts). Having said that, if
someone can think of a workable solution for dealing with regions they're
more than welcome to have a go at implementing it.

Chris