logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] night-mode styling

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Sun Sep 13 10:14:42 BST 2009

On Sep 13, 2009, at 10:47, Ralf Kleineisel wrote:

> maning sambale wrote:
>
>> Another thing, this maybe far fetched, but is there any desktop img
>> viewer that can load the night mode style other than viewing it in
>> the
>> GPS itself?
>
> QTLandkarteGT supports TYP files

Although QTLandkarteGT supports TYP files, I could not see any option
to display the map in night mode (using the specially defined TYP
styles for display at night). This would perhaps be an interesting
request for the QTLandkarteGT developers, as, as far as I know, no
other software does this.

To my knowledge the only way to check out night styles on the desktop
would be to create your own special TYP file with the night styles
defined as normal daylight styles. You would also have to define a
background polygon which is black, as the GPSr automatically changes
the background to black in night mode. You could then swap the normal
and night TYP files in the directory where your map is installed.

Cheers.