logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] add building names in building polygon, make it searcheable.

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Sep 9 12:58:52 BST 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM, maning
sambale<emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently building polygons have names in my area.  How do I add the
> names  in the map and enable search?

A while back I believe I posted a patch which modified the polygons
style file to add names (and house numbers) to buildings. This makes
the name, and house number if present, be displayed in the polygon.

When I did this, I noticed that the only way to make the buildings
appear in searches was to use the area to POI option: I added
corresponding building entries to the points file. However this caused
such an over-proliferation of POIs that I found the approach to be
impracticable.

Chhers.