logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] The blue circle

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Sat Sep 5 12:21:16 BST 2009

Hi!

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen schrieb:
> So, what is the secret with the circle?

I have heard over at naviusers that it is the accuracy, but it depends
on the precision of the GPS receiver and on the precision of the map.

It seems that hiking map does not have a precision value and thus the
base map value is used, which is very bad. Turning off the base map on
your device will give you a circle corresponding to the precision of the
GPS.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how the precision of the map can be set or
influenced, otherwise I would set it to a better value.

bye
       Nop