logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1170: Add --make-poi-index option to enable POI index generation.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Sep 5 08:17:31 BST 2009

Hi Maning,

> Apologies if this is a stupid question.  What is the benefit of
> creating poi index?  for search?

That's not a stupid question at all. The POI index sounds like it
should help with searching for POIs and maybe it does but, at this
time, it appears to make no difference to the search behaviour. If you
have evidence that it does, please say. Maybe it plays a part in the
global search stuff but as we don't have that yet, I don't think there
is a loss in not having the POI index.

BTW - please test the 'misc fixes to subdivision area splitting' patch,
it would be good to know that it works with your maps OK.

Cheers,

Mark