logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing prompt when joining major road from minor road at an angle

From Steve Hosgood steve at tallyho.bc.nu on Fri Sep 4 16:19:37 BST 2009

Does the IMG file contain markup on junctions to control whether or not
a "turn left/right" announcement will occur when you reach it?

I've got a case locally where a tertiary road meets a primary road at a
shallow approach-angle of about 30 degrees. The Garmin does not announce
the junction, not warn of its approach when you're on the tertiary.
Coming from the other direction on the primary though, you get an "in
500m, keep right" announcement followed by "keep right" when you're
almost at the junction.

It would be good to be told to "turn left" when approaching on the tertiary.

I can quite understand that if you're approaching a motorway on a
motorway_link type of road, then you don't need to be told to join the
actual motorway when you get to the merge-point. I wonder if the code
that avoids causing an announcement in that case is a bit too eager and
does the same for my tertiary-meets-primary situation?

Steve