logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Some feature requests

From Willem Sonke willemsonke at planet.nl on Fri Sep 4 12:02:00 BST 2009

Dear mkgmap developers,

When using mkgmap, I noticed three things that could be improved a bit to
increase the ease of use; because I'm not an experienced Java programmer, I
unfortunately can't program them myself and I even don't know if they are
possible to implement:

*	A message when a map has been created successfully: mapname.img
created successfully or something. Especially for beginners it seems that
the job has failed because no message was given.
*	A message when a style file couldn't be found; now mkgmap seems to
use the default style without warning.
*	A message when on the command line some options are given after the
input file, I have had a big problem with this because I didn't know that
you have to specify the options before the input file. For example: You have
specified options after the last input file. They will not be processed by
mkgmap.

Willem1