logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Custom POI Icons & resolution

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Thu Sep 3 17:03:16 BST 2009

Mark Burton schrieb:
> I thought I would make myself a traffic light icon using the TYP file.
> The icons appear where you expect but they are visible at higher
> zoom levels than the built in icons for pois that have the same
> resolution.
> So what's going on? Are custom pois treated differently with regard to
> zoom levels?

Based on my experience it is not recommended, to mix custom icons and
build in icons.

In my map layers I use custom icons only and limit them to the following
number sets: 0x4000-0x401f, 0x4100-0x411f, 0x5000-0x501f, 0x6000-0x601f,
0x6100-0x611f

This list is not necessarily complete, but if you combine custom icons
with arbitrary POIs in the same map, the visibility of the icons might
not work as expected or other strange things might happen.

Gruss
Torsten