logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] New splitter version, big memory savings

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Sep 3 15:10:49 BST 2009

On 03/09/09 14:49, Chris Miller wrote:
> L>  And are (large) polygons that span many tiles fully supported?
>
> The splitter has been able to handle relations that span an unlimited number
> of tiles since r49, and ways that span many tiles since r60 or so. As far

I'm not sure if this what Lambertus was thinking of but what about
polygons that completely encircle a tile, or are so big that they cut
across a tile in such a way that joining up the nodes in the overlap
area cuts across the tile.  I don't think those things can work.

Probably doesn't happen for real though.  Certainly no one has reported
a case where that appeared to happen.

..Steve