logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap creates polygons that break Mapsource panning and also routing in some zoomlevels as well as crashing the GPS

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Sep 3 13:29:18 BST 2009

No it did not fix it.

However I think the bug lies elsewhere. I think mkgmap is putting too
much information into one tile/small area (even though total tilesize is
only 7.4MB).

Following on the tries from yesterday I found several possibilities to
not have the bug:
1. delete the first half of my lines style-file and then compile. Bingo
map working
2. delete the second half of my lines style-file and then comile. Bingo
map working again.
--- So something here is very strange. If I don't delete about 1/3 off
all lines it will not work.

3. delete 1/3 of the lines in my polygons style-file or delete this last
section:
leisure=*  & fixme!=yes & import!=*                            [0x2a
resolution 24]
tourism=*  & fixme!=yes & import!=*                            [0x2b
resolution 24]
sport=* & fixme!=yes & import!=* &sport!=skiing &sport!=ski        [0x2c
resolution 24]
landuse=* & landuse!=commercial     & fixme!=yes & import!=*     [0x2d
resolution 24]
natural=*  & fixme!=yes & import!=*                            [0x2e
resolution 24]
amenity=*      & fixme!=yes & import!=*                        [0x2f
resolution 24]

4. Use a typfile with fewer Polygon definitions.

Therefore I am currently completely clueless about the reason for the crash.

Please find here:
http://openmtbmap.org/downloads/mkgmap_overload_bug.zip (22MB)

1. a style including mkgmap.jar (with some patches, but essentially you
only need the continue patch plus the make routable relations patch). If
I use Thilo's mkgmap.jar from here (
http://osm.arndnet.de/20090902/radkarte-style.zip ) the same problem
appears:
My commandline for mkgmap is written in commands.txt. The osm data
splitted from geofabrik austria tile with splitter.jar is also attached.
So you can compile yourself to find the bug.

Not this style is quite heavy, it needs about 5x as much calculation
time compared to default style-file. So if you're on a old computer it
might need 15minutes for compiling (like my old laptop), on new quadcore
it should be done in around 1-2min.

2. there is also a mapsource installation in the subfolder, just install
by doubleclicking (with admin rights) install_openmtbmap_at.bat
Or create a gmapsupp with gmaptool for your gps by doubleclicking on
create_gmapsupp.bat

Felix