logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] address search problem due to required "State" value

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Mon Aug 31 05:32:15 BST 2009

Hi Steve,

At Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:29:16PM +0100, Steve Hosgood wrote:
> We could really use a wiki page on stuff like this.
> I do have an apparently-OK copy of  'mapsource' but it won't start
> because I don't have an "installed map".

Yeah, that's a bit weird: I have one MapSource that does have the
base map, the other doesn't. While both were installed through the trick
with the training software...

I guess it has something to do with the version for older OS'es and/or the
"regular" version. (I'm running the former, because I'm running it under
emulation software: Wine).

Anyway, here's how to install a map:
1. Download mapsettoolkit from http://cypherman1.googlepages.com/
2. start it. Now do the following:
3. Press "Install"
4. Choose your TDB file
5. For IMG file, choose the same name as your TDB file

(if you have mkgmap.jar defaults, both would be 63240000).

Now IIRC you press "install" and then you're done: your generated map is now
in the list. You can exit mapsettoolkit and start mapsource.

Best regards,

Valentijn