logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Aug 30 20:53:15 BST 2009

Ralf Kleineisel wrote:
> Felix Hartmann wrote:
>

>> yes, simply set background polygon 0x4b to a color (if using maptk watch
>> out to set one pixel to something else, because usually if you go for a
>> single color only maptk will put second color transparent and
>> performance sucks, this is a bug in maptk, the online typfile editor is
>> fine in this regard).
>> I like white (best contrast).
>>

> That's what I do but when I zoom out to 2 km or more the white
> background disappears. Do you know of a way to change that?

No, maybe you could check if your last shown polygon disappears at the
same level as set in polygons style-file (is it 2km Mapsource or GPS, I
assume GPS?)
Maybe putting a polygon into resolution=16 (i.e. take water=yes &
name=Bodensee (if rendering Germany)) and see if that helps.

Report back if you can see any way to change the behaviour (other than
changing mapdetail in gps to more/most)