logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Can you set background colour in a TYP file?

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Aug 30 20:37:00 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix.
>

>> Strange, try to look in gpsmapedit what polygon is used for background.
>> Have you patched it to 0x4a, i have seen some people doing that (though
>> I don't know what for)?
>>

> No, it's still 0x4b.
>

>> drawing level 0, and make sure no other is on 0 or it might be displayed
>> behind the background. Color mode, no clue. I usually use maptk.
>>

> OK
>

>> Are you sure that the typfile really got transferred to gps? Are you
>> sure you set 0x4b as polygon to white (line 0x4b or poi 0x4b will of
>> course not work).
>>

> Yes, I can change lines and polygons (lakes, etc.) and the changes show
> up.
>

>> Set a really strange color for say residential streets and look if it
>> really changes on gps (if it only appears to work....).
>>

> Yes it does.
>

>> Transparency is NOT set? If map is set as transparent strange results
>> might happen with 0x4b defined.
>>

> No transparency.
>
> Can you please email me a TYP file that sets the background to white so
> I can see what the difference is?

You can simply download a small country from my website, both thin??.TYP
and white??.TYP have white background set.

http:///openmtbmap.org/download

and try it out and look for differences.

-- oh yeah, when zooming far out yellow kicks in.....