logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1157: Added support for extended type attributes in mp files.

From Gert Münzel Gert.Muenzel at netcologne.de on Sat Aug 29 21:24:46 BST 2009

Hi, Mark,

i just build mkgmap out of svn trunk and test it with a single
marine/ext poi in an mp-file.
It works.
But i discovered that neither the flashing nor the morsing  works in
Mapsource or in my 60csx . I guess these functions are only avaiable
with special marine gps of Garmin.
A nice enhancement is the "note=" or "mkgmap:xt-note". I got up to 200
signs in this container displayed on my 60csx.
This is more as double of what you can normally put in "StreetDesc=" of
a POI.(sorry i don't know the tag in osm. In Mapedit you can write it in
the objekt properties=>Address=>Street and in the mp-file it is the
"StreetDesc=" entry).

cheers

Gert