logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --make-all-cycleways oddity

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Aug 29 11:51:12 BST 2009

Valentijn,

> I was thinking: are the oneway street and the fake route interconnected
> automatically? I know they share the nodes, is that the same as being
> able to skip between them?
>
> I.e. is it:
>
> |                 |
> +--+--------+-----+----+---- a street
> +--+--------+-----+----+---- a street (cycleway)
> |                 |

> ... or
>
> |                 |

Effectively, it's the later. Although the cycleway and the road share
the same points, unless a point is already a routing node because some
other way shares the point, it will not be made into a routing node.
You don't want the former because you would create many unwanted
routeing nodes.

Cheers,

Mark